

I know I know, not that interesting, but it was for me when she explained it at physio. A while ago I had an accident where my knee simply gave out, and my knee cap POPPED out...and then went back in...and ever since then I have really had problems with my right side...annoying. someone said once, you either have the knee's for running...or you don't. well, I don't. but you know what? I bet I can MAKE myself have the knee's for running. im a good runner. and I have worked hard to get to where I am...im not going to let something like my stupid BODY get in the way of my training!
here is what I have been doing to help myself prepare for my long distances again:
.CROSS.TRAINING. - I have Incorporated days where I bike 3 times what I should be running that day, its low impact...and I can watch TV while im doing it! (90210 yeah!)
.FOAM.ROLLER. - okay, so this doesn't look that cool, or look like it should cost 50 dollars...but trust me...its the best thing that has EVER happened to me!

its basically a foam cylinder, and you lay across it, put it on your side (IT band area, like this lady is doing) and then roll your body up and down it...IT.KILLS!!!. seriously. I didn't know if it was possible to give myself a deep tissue massage, but you can do it. It totally loosens you up, and it .HURTS.SO.GOOD!.
.BOSU.BALL.SQUATS.
Okay, the look on this lady's face kills me...because when I do this, I look somewhere between someone having an aneurysm...and an elephant...yes, on a bosu ball. you simply squat, and keep your core strong. alot of these work outs are about strengthening your core...but seriously...it hurts. no pain no gain! (cheese anyone?)
ya, so basically when I go to the gym lately, I sweat for about 2 and a half hours, its actually WAY gross...Becka came up to me at the end of one of my bike rides the other day and was like omg..you have sweat dripping off your elbows! and you should see your back...hahaha... I love sweating its like my new...thing...the new BLACK!
Haha some people are calling me crazy and obsessive...but im !SUPER GIRL! lately...and nobody can stop me from getting under 4 hours from this marathon...not even my body. im bieng very careful with it. im TRYING (keep my sugar habbit out of this) to eat healthy...im doing the best I can to stay motivated. BUT BIENG HONEST - Im terrified of hurting like I did on my last 30km, when I run tomorrow....I think I can...I think I can...
my sister Becka and my BFF Natty are another ones of my keys to sucess here....

Becka and I have come A LONG WAY together. shes such an inspiration. like, I can spend hours and hours at the gym training for this damn thing...but she cant. she has a life, and a responsibility to her kids. but she is STILL way more committed (and thin!) than me haha. she takes this race seriously, and her family still comes first. shes totally awesome...and we help make each other feel hardcore. I feel kind of bad, she is a sweet, encouraging runner, and im like the (dont you DARE talk to me while im running or I will throw this GPS watch at your HEAD!) haha. she put up with it...thanks Bex.
and Nat, ohhhhh Nat. at the lowest part of my training, Nat would come out in the middle of her busy week, to run hills at my house. she works SO HARD. she's had alot of dramarama and stress in her life. and like, she totally inspires me for working through it all and deciding that this is her life, and her body, and damnit, shes going to be the sexiest mother trucker alive. this breast cancer run has motivated us SO MUCH. we are excited to run, and feel moved by our cause, to help...our part in finding a cure. she has been SO DEDICATED! I cant even believe it. we went running on Wednesday, and like...WOW. she has come sooo far from the days when she used to come walk/run my hills. she's gotten fit and amazing! we ran up a HUGE hill by her house on Wednesday and the whole time she was focused, with my little annoying voice in her ear saying
running is a big question mark that is there each and every day
and it asks
are you going to be a WUSS?
or are you going to be strong today?
HAHA....obnoxious... right? but seriously. im blessed by the people I meet. its like I meet people right at the right times. like Joe. i'll blog about Joe another time, but hes like, the greatest guy to have right now...we went rock climbing twice this week...(I know right? TOTALLY left field!) and like, he totally inspires me to be a free spirit and do my travel, and live my dreams...haha okay...im rambling again...and acting like a total hippie...so i'll cut this one. I dont think anyone even read it, but it felt really invigorating and a little motivational...to write it. thanks for listening...or umm...reading...and looking. GAH!
.X.X. (Wish me luck!)
.R.

4 comments:
you'll do great, i know you can, you are hardcore
holy crap, that post was long. ANd awesomeness filled it.
Okay, One: You'll rock tomorrow. You're ready again, and this time, if it really starts to hurt, STOP! You do NOT want to ruin something!
2) Foam Rollers kick butt. And I hate them. ANd love them. ANd holy mother of pearl they hurt more than giving birth through my nostril!
Bosu Balls--- LOOOOOOVVVE TTHEM! Turn it over, and balance on the flat side, with the round part on the floor. THEN squat. It is HARD!!
Becka rocks. And so do you, so stop worrying about who's 'thinner'. DORK. you both kick my butt at hotness. *(haha, and I love that you're competitive like me...tee hee)
you can totally do it, you need to motivate me, and tell your bro to STOP BRINGING HOME JUNK FOOD AND TEMPTING ME. weird thing, jareds problem is his pelvic tilts as well, hence the ankle injury and such, because of the tilting one leg is longer when tilting and putting too much strain on it
i have tendonitis in my IT band - copy cat
Post a Comment