Monday, December 15, 2008

.my.puppy.hija. - .love.and.blood!.

okay, I have news....but. to start things off, the picture of the aftermath of my foot! haha its a little bloody...this is right before I cleaned it up...blood all over my sandals, and the sidewalk...and the grass even! yuck!



okay, so now...the BIG surpise...okay...not a huge suprise here, if you know me....you know I did it....haha so dont judge me.

so today I was in a market, a HUGE indoor market with everything...guinea pigs, cow tounges hanging off hooks right beside fruit stands...shoes...ect...
and in this shady corner under some stairs...the puppy.black.market! it was SO.SAD. these ladys just sitting there with tons of puppies, trying to get ride of them before they had to hide them in a gutter somewhere...I could have died when I walked in there...this guy passed me a puppy and I melted. It was crying...like .CRYING. and so young. only a month....I went and got a juice to clear my head...and then when I walked back the guy offered to give it to me for 10 soles...about $3.50...and I picked it up, looked into its little eyes...and honestly, it could be a bad idea, but I would rather have it with me than like the million other street dogs in this city, or in a bag in the river...


so thats how I adopted my tiny little mut...

Her Full name is... and tell me what you think, im still open to suggestions....

Hija, Arequipa, Craig... haha Hija translated from spanish means daughter...its quick to say...and of course---Arequipa is the place I got her...

she.is.adorable. - shes only a month, she has no teeth and really should be with a mamma...so all she does is suck on her little bottle and sleep in my bag while I walk around town. I bought a sling bag and put a soft teddy and a blanket in it (she doesnt take much room, she weighs a pound and a half) and she just chills... she loves to cuddle, and is WAY too fat for her own good. haha who knows what this pup will look like when shes older...and who knows how the rest of this trip is going to go with her in my bag...and.the.adventure.rolls.on! here are some photos!
her teddy and blanket...YAWN!

wow...busy day...but at least im not alone this Christmas...right?

let me tell you guys a little more about Arequipa before I leave tomorrow. this is the main square, plaza de armas! there is a volcano in the background that errupted a few years back...its beautifull...all the stone in this main square is made out of volcanic rock, so its all white and colonial looking...I.LOVE.

.la.plaza.

this is where Thomas lives...he has a beautifull peruvian backdrop to his house, this is from the roof!

more.of.the.city.view.

this is in the city, man the detail on this church was .UNBELIEVABLE. I had to snap a photo...but it doesnt do it justice,


so there...thats Arequipa. GORGEOUS! I...well, WE.....mi Hija and I...leave early tomorrow morning for .PUNO....ITS Lake Titticaca, then to Bolivia! then I have to somehow get to Argentina for Christmas! which is .SO.SOON....wow....anyways... ill be in touch! im on a roll right now,

.Im.in.love.with.south.america. and now I can bring a piece home with me!

merry Christmas!

feliz Navidad!

.x.x.

R

8 comments:

amccollum said...

oh rachel im so excited you bought that little angel of a puppy, i totally wouldve too, i cant wait to meet her!!
-Andrea

Nat said...

again....i say you're nuts!!!! CRAZY and maybe a bit of that salmonella got to your brain?!?!?! But then i remember who im talking about and it doesn't surprise me at all!!! I'm excited to see this little thing you picked up!! Bring her home safe!! xoxoxo

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

Holy freakin crap, girl you are crazy! I can't believe you bought a puppy!! How in the world are you going to get him home and from place to place down there??? I'm excited for you to go to Bolivia, I love Bolivia. Keep us updated!
-Teddy

Shane and Jessie Hayes said...

hey doll! THATS SUCH a cute puppy! I am in love too. When you get here we can have two puppies, hahaha becareful walking rach- i know its hard and you haven't done it for too long but haha I love the puppy. I miss you. Whats new?? Anything new. There is a HUGE snow storm in Idaho, o good we already anve probably like 5,6 inches from NOTHING all season, doesn't really work out driving too well. love you

Debbi said...

Hija's adorable. (Now! who knows what the mutt will grow up to be?! lol) You'll have to have it quarantined and lots of vet bills when you get home, you know, right?

Nevertheless, she's adorable.

Your toe is not.

Jessica said...

haha! i love it! i love hija! she's the cutest thing, especially when she yawns. and your blood is pretty gnarly...love you rach!

Becka. said...

Three things:

1. Those pants are hideous! LOL

2. You are a puppy loving weirdo! Leave it to you...Good luck getting it home....

3. I MISS YOU.

Becks

Ashley Smith said...

Aiya!!!!! Leave it to you right. She is. She is sooo cute though. Would have killed me to see her there. Love ya