otherwise known as the old town of Cuenca, there is this part, and then the new town, and la mariscal can you say .GRINGO.LAND?.
that was what I did today, I got up early in an attempt to be fit...and went running, NOT the best idea on my second day in, im not quite acclimated yet, in other words, the altitude litterally kicked my butt, but I still did some stairs and ran thru la parke almeda before calling it quits...i´ll work on it! then I showered (finally) and set out! my favorite stops were the cathedrals. ill keep this one short and just label the pictures....ENJOY.!
the view from the top of my street.
this is what I ate for lunch. I went to this market where all the ladies in their booths were SCREAMING at me! bonita bonita! un dollar por estos! compra me! haha I got this little dish for 1.25, less than it cost me to call home that afternoon! looks good? no....but it tasted good! rice, potato soup, avacado, and of course, a boiled egg?
this lady was begging for change, so I snapped a photo and gave her 10 cents, she said some crazy blessing for me. you cant really see it, but she has no shoes on. im digging the hat tho, should I get one?
this is the view outside of this beautiful art gallery I went to, my guide was very proud of the fact that he learned English from movies and books, you could tell by some of the expressions he used, there were some COOL paintings tho, as well as an original copy of the bible and a statue that was made a long time ago, and they recently found out that it had a human skull under the design! Ecuador had a huge earthquake, a while ago, and when they were cleaning up they found bones in the head...haha my guide was saying the FBI came and had to investigate ALL of the artifacts to make sure there wasn't some crazy CSI murder stuff going on...ha ha like I said, my guide learned English from movies and books, can you tell?
una de many cathederals in Quito, but I like this one the best, I sat inside for a while just listening to the music...heck it took me almost an hour to get here...I might as well enjoy it?so that was the extent of my day, it involved a little shopping here and there...oh! so get this, I honestly almost bought a puppy for 10 dollars today. i paced around for an hour trying to figure out how hard it would be to take a 6 week old puppy with me everywhere I went on my trip...after breaking my own heart, I said goodbye to mi perro (puppy) Pedro, and moved on...QUI TRISTE!
tomorrow im going to
.LA.MITAD.DEL.MUNDO!
the true center of the earth.
apparently they have it to a science, we´ll see! i´ll let you all know tomorrow. also, in the afternoon im going to take my first .SALSA.CLASS.! its 5$ an hour for a private session...worth a try eh?
we´ll see
thanks for checking in team! check out below to see my previous days here. Wednesday I move on...dun dun dun!
.x.x.
.R.

5 comments:
cool blog. If you took these shots I'm impressed. This place looks amazing.
I wonder if that lady in the art gallery picture knew her baby was trying to run away, or at least that is what I think it looked like. the cathedral was beutiful. i love you stay safe.
Oh I am loving this. Keep writing and keeping us updated. I think I will start to cry when I see your pictures of Cuenca though. My heart seriously aches for that place. Be safe missy.
The cathedral is wonderful. I can't wait for your next post. You are so lucky to have this experience.
I am jealous.. Its beautiful.. I want to run around the world.. How do I get started?
Post a Comment