Friday, November 28, 2008

.oh.little.girl.-.family.time.candids.

little girl,
smile again,
show me how to be happy
a little girl...and me
a light, in a dark world
a creation, god worked hard on...
she has problems people see,
but could those problems better me?
please little girl, come walk with me
-R

there are A.LOT. of phots in this post...the last few days have been magic...I have a family here, i´ll chat with you guys a little while I go through a day...

I. have. a. family. here. on. earth. - these are my kids. all of them. one family photo, and a lot of love...its really small...sorry. but cant you feel the .LOVE!.
they. are. so. good. to. me. - Bryan and I were both trying to kiss Vanessa at the same time...

okay, really? I promise she likes me...I hope...this picture doesnt prove anything. anything but the fact that my hair hates Ecuador humidity! haha I thought this picture was priceless.


I. want. to. share. my. life. with. them... -
for. all. eternity. - Blanca has an ear ache lately, so she isnt a happy camper...but we got her laughing today! shes is so beautifull!


okay, let me explain something about Luis...autistic, brilliant. and he LOVES garbage...he will find the tiniest pieces of plastic and just roll them under his nose, and dont you DARE. try and take it away. haha Luis is usually pretty standof-ish...but today he kept hugging me and kissing me all over my face...it was unreal, that doesnt happen. he was a happy kid today. and here in Cuenca...thats so good to see

Jorge just lounged today...he is so funny.
he wouldnt get off the floor!
Blue eyes and brown eyes...who says we arent related? .this.is.my.life. this is my love...I just get to sit, and talk to her...and she just sits still and listens. holds my hand...and listens.
.SMILE!.
Laura bumped her nose kast night...ha ha bieng cheeky as always...but she was hilaroius today, we laughed and played all afternoon while the other kids rested... I love this girl, she is the mamma of this house, and she takes her job very seriously!
BRYAN!
little.hands. they cant hold quite right.... but they hold .tight.

okay, this kid isnt from our orphanage...but man...isnt he CUTE??? I just snapped this on my way out!

my lovely workers. these women have been so sweet to me...they are the true mamma´s here, and they work HARD!
.ROMAN. - i LOVE THIS PICTURE. this kid couldnt stop smiling. it could have beent he sun, it could have been the flowers, and it could have been the fact that .life.is.good.
a girl and her tamboreen...nothing makes her happier than music.
blue skies and brown eyes...Laura just wheels herself around and bosses people around the play area...
Mamma.baby.time.
...

how can I leave this girl here? they have STOPPED doing therapy with her...just stopped, because they dont know what to do..they dont know whats wrong with Vanessa...it kills me...so I just sit, and chat with her. I have told her all about my family, what we do what we like, what we fight about...she just stares at me and listens...
.we.cuddle.

Laura pops her head in for some comic releif!
mi hija.
3 feet...one with a shoe, one with a sock...and one with neither! 2 with braces, and one thats just .DIRTY.!
THIS.IS.THE.ULTIMATE.PLAYTIME. - this is what Laura and I do! -
ouch! - haha

´oh you think your SOOOO funny Laura!´ha ha we laugh forever this kid and Ippppht!
amigas.para.siempre! - sisters in Heavan. I know it.
originally when I got her I thought...GREAT! all of these kids are EXACTLY the same...maybe a little bigger, but no different!...now im thinking a little harder...in 3 years...nothing has changed here. Laura got a surgery and still cannot walk...Pablo is still dying...the workers here do the best they can, but its not enough to change these small lives... but everyone is still happy. happy and smiling and moving forward...I know you guys dont get it...this is bettter than disneyland for me... can feel like I make a difference for these kids...I know how to make them happy, I know what makes them sad...I know when bryan says yes and no...and wants to play soccer just by the way he curls his little lips...I know when Pablo see´s angels...and it happens a lot.

this is my heart. I ran here...to get it. now I have it...and I couldnt be happier...right?

umm...right.


x.x.

.R.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm so happy you went rachie!!! but DANG your foot is HUGE!!! haha!!! thats all i could think when i saw that picture... miss you lots!!